Loading...
CC Measure D Election ResultsCITY OF� Agenda Item No: 4.c Meeting Date: July 18, 2016 SAN RAFAEL CITY COUNCIL AGENDA REPORT Department: City Clerk Prepared by: Esther Beirne City Manager Approval: SUBJECT: SPECIAL LIBRARY SERVICES PARCEL TAX - MEASURE D: (CC) (a) RESOLUTION DECLARING CANVASS OF RETURNS AND RESULTS OF CONSOLIDATED SPECIAL MUNICIPAL ELECTION HELD ON JUNE 7, 2016, RE: MEASURE D — SPECIAL LIBRARY SERVICES PARCEL TAX (b) ORDINANCE NO. 1942 - AN ORDINANCE OF THE CITY COUNCIL OF THE CITY OF SAN RAFAEL AMENDING CHAPTER 3.36 OF THE SAN RAFAEL MUNICIPAL CODE EXTENDING, REVISING AND INCREASING THE EXISTING SPECIAL LIBRARY SERVICES PARCEL TAX SUBJECT TO APPROVAL OF TWO-THIRDS OF THE ELECTORS VOTING ON THE TAX MEASURE AT THE GENERAL MUNICIPAL ELECTION HELD ON TUESDAY JUNE 7, 2016 RECOMMENDATION: It is recommended that the City Council adopt the Resolution declaring canvass of returns and results of consolidated special municipal election held on June 7, 2016, re: Ballot Measure D — Special Library Services Parcel Tax. It is also recommended that the City Council, by motion, accept Ordinance No. 1942, amending Chapter 3.36 of the San Rafael Municipal Code entitled "Special Library Services Parcel Tax." SUMMARY / BACKGROUND: As a result of the election on Tuesday, June 7, 2016, the voters of the City of San Rafael adopted the Special Library Services Parcel Tax, and the City is now free to assign the next sequential Charter Ordinance number and have the Ordinance entered into the record. Ordinance No.1942 imposes a special parcel tax of $59 (slightly higher for multiple -residential unit parcels) for a period of nine (9) years with annual CPI adjustment. All proceeds of the Special Library Services Parcel Tax imposed and levied pursuant to this Chapter shall be deposited into a separate "Special Library Services Parcel Tax" account to be used only for the library services prescribed by the Ordinance. FOR CITY CLERK ONLY File No.: 9-4 x 9-3-61 Council Meeting: 07/18/2016 Disposition: Resolution 14155 & Ordinance 1942 SAN RAFAEL CITY COUNCIL AGENDA REPORT / Page: 2 By its terms, the Ordinance will become effective ten days after the date on which the City Council declares its approval by at least two-thirds of the City's electors voting at the Special Municipal Election held on Tuesday, June 7, 2016; and the Special Library Services Parcel Tax so established shall be levied annually for nine (9) years, beginning in fiscal year 2017-2018 and shall thereafter expire unless extended with the approval of two-thirds of the electors voting upon the extension at a general or special municipal election. ACTION: 1. Adopt Resolution; 2. Approve a motion to accept Ordinance No. 1942 ATTACHMENTS: Resolution with attached Exhibit A Ordinance No. 1942 Elections June 2016 — Canvass of Votes Staff Report RESOLUTION NO. 14155 RESOLUTION OF THE CITY COUNCIL OF THE CITY OF SAN RAFAEL DECLARING CANVASS OF RETURNS AND RESULTS OF CONSOLIDATED SPECIAL MUNICIPAL ELECTION HELD ON JUNE 7, 2016 RE: MEASURE D — SPECIAL LIBRARY SERVICES PARCEL TAX WHEREAS, in pursuance of law and the Charter of the City of San Rafael, there was held in said City on Tuesday, the 7th day of June, 2016, a special municipal election (consolidated with the Consolidated Primary Election) for the purpose of submitting to the electors of the City of San Rafael the following measure: MEASURE D CITY OF SAN RAFAEL SPECIAL LIBRARY SERVICES PARCEL TAX "To provide a critical, consistent, locally -controlled funding source, augmenting current general fund allocations for the San Rafael Public Library to maintain library hours, equipment, materials, and services for children, teens, and adults, shall the City of San Rafael be authorized to levy an annual $59 parcel tax (slightly higher for multiple -residential unit parcels) for a period of nine (9) years with annual CPI adjustment, oversight by an independent citizens committee and exemptions for senior citizens?" WHEREAS, said Special Municipal Election (consolidated with the Consolidated Primary Election) was held on Tuesday, June 7, 2016 in accordance with law and the votes thereat received and canvassed, and the returns thereof ascertained, determined, and declared in all respects as required by law: as follows: NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED by the Council of the City of San Rafael, 1. That the City Clerk of the City of San Rafael be, and is hereby, instructed to enter this Resolution in the Minutes of the City Council as a statement of the results of said election; 2. That the whole number of votes cast at said election re: Measure D was 19,855 votes; 3. That more than a two-thirds majority of all the votes cast on said Measure D were in favor of said Measure (per Exhibit "A", attached), and said Measure carried; and 4. That all Vote by Mail ballots have been duly received and canvassed in time, form, and manner as required by law. I, ESTHER BEIRNE, Clerk of the City of San Rafael, hereby certify that the foregoing Resolution was duly and regularly introduced and adopted at a regular meeting of the Council of said City held on Monday, the 18th day of July, 2016, by the following vote, to wit: AYES: COUNCILMEMBERS: Bushey, McCullough & Mayor Phillips NOES: COUNCILMEMBERS: None ABSENT: COUNCILMEMBERS: Colin and Gamblin ESTHER BEIRNE, City Clerk Elections 2016 — Measure D Canvass Resolution 2 ORDINANCE NO. 1942 AN ORDINANCE OF THE CITY OF SAN RAFAEL AMENDING CHAPTER 3.36 OF THE SAN RAFAEL MUNICIPAL CODE EXTENDING, REVISING AND INCREASING THE EXISTING SPECIAL LIBRARY SERVICES PARCEL TAX SUBJECT TO APPROVAL OF TWO-THIRDS OF THE ELECTORS VOTING ON THE TAX MEASURE AT THE GENERAL MUNICIPAL ELECTION TO BE HELD ON TUESDAY, JUNE 7, 2016 The City Council of the City of San Rafael hereby makes the following findings in connection with the adoption of this Ordinance: DIVISION 1. WHEREAS, in 2010, the San Rafael community voted in favor of Measure C, adding Chapter 3.36 to the San Rafael Municipal Code establishing a local special parcel tax dedicated to public library services and facilities as authorized by Government Code section 53717; and WHEREAS, the City has used these funds for a number of purposes, including staffing, providing, maintaining and improving hours of operation, services, equipment, and materials at the San Rafael Public Library; providing and improving programs and materials for children, teens, adults, seniors, literacy learners and people with disabilities at the San Rafael Public Library; and WHEREAS, given the fiscal challenges that all cities have faced in recent years, Measure C proved essential for maintaining necessary library services in San Rafael; and WHEREAS, Measure C funding is scheduled to expire, and if the City were to address this loss of locally -controlled funding with expenditure reductions alone it would have to consider cuts to open hours at the Pickleweed and Downtown libraries, book and periodical purchases, licensed digital resources and eBooks, and outreach to schools; and WHEREAS, after study of the financial issues facing the City, and following numerous discussions with residents, neighborhood associations and business and service groups, and after extensive efforts to gauge the public's opinions and priorities through several surveys of San Rafael residents, the City Council has determined that the most prudent, reasonable and financially responsible action it can take to preserve an adequate level of library services is to place before the voters a ballot measure to extend the existing special library parcel tax for a period of 9 years, and to recommend its adoption to the voters; and WHEREAS, if the extended and increased special parcel tax is approved by the voters at the municipal election on June 7, 2016, the existing tax will remain in effect until June 30, 2017, and the extended and increased tax will become effective on July 1, 2017; NOW THEREFORE, the City Council of the City of San Rafael does hereby Ordain as follows: DIVISION 2. Chapter 3.36 of the San Rafael Municipal Code is hereby amended to read in its entirety as follows: Chapter 3.36 SPECIAL LIBRARY SERVICES PARCEL TAX 3.36.010 -- Purposes. This Chapter is adopted to achieve the following, among other purposes, and the City Council directs that the provisions hereof be interpreted in order to accomplish those purposes: A. To staff, provide, and maintain hours of operation, services, equipment, and materials at the San Rafael Public Library; and B. To provide programs and materials for children, teens, adults, seniors, literacy learners and people with disabilities at the San Rafael Public Library. 3.36.020 -- Definitions. As used in this Chapter: A. "Library" means the San Rafael Public Library; B. "Living unit" means an individual dwelling space intended for occupancy by one or more persons, and shall specifically include a manufactured home/mobilehome as defined in section 20.04.020H of this Code. C. "Parcel" means any parcel of land, vacant, or improved, and wholly or partially located within the City of San Rafael, for which the County Assessor of Marin County has assigned an assessor's identification number for purposes of property tax collection. D. "Single family residential parcel" means any parcel that is determined by the City of San Rafael from records on file with the County of Marin or the City of San Rafael to be used or zoned to allow for a single primary living unit, regardless whether such parcel may be designated on the rolls of the County Assessor as "subject to exemption," and may include an attached single family residence such as a condominium, townhouse or stock cooperative. E. "Multifamily residential parcel" means any parcel used or zoned for multiple living units as determined by the City of San Rafael from records on file with the County of Marin or the City of San Rafael, and including but not limited to parcels designated on the rolls of the Marin County Assessor as used for multiple family or duplex residential use, and such parcels that may be designated for multiple manufactured homes/mobilehomes, or as "subject to exemption." F. "Nonresidential parcel" means any parcel that is not a "single family residential parcel" or a "multifamily residential parcel" or an "other residential parcel" as defined herein. G. "Other residential parcel" means any parcel other than a "single family residential parcel" or "multifamily residential parcel" that is improved with or zoned to allow one or more living units as determined by the City of San Rafael from records on file with the County of Marin or the City of San Rafael, including but not limited to a parcel with mixed residential and other use, a parcel with a "second dwelling unit" as defined in section 14.03.030 of this Code, and a parcel that may be designated for multiple manufactured homes/mobilehomes, and regardless whether such parcel may be designated on the rolls of the Mann County Assessor as "subject to exemption," commercial, or industrial. H. "Tax" means the Special Library Services Parcel Tax imposed under the provisions of this Chapter. 3.36.030 -- Imposition of Tax. An annual Special Library Services Parcel Tax is hereby imposed pursuant to City Charter and Government Code section 53717 on each parcel within the City of San Rafael for the purposes set forth in this Chapter, at the following rates: Single family residential parcel Multifamily residential parcel or Other residential parcel: Nonresidential parcel: Fifty-nine dollars ($59) per parcel. Fifty-nine dollars ($59) per parcel plus Ten dollars ($10) per living unit in excess of one, up to a maximum tax of $1,000 per year per parcel. Fifty-nine dollars ($59) per parcel. The foregoing tax rates shall be adjusted annually after the 2017-2018 fiscal year, commensurate with the annual percentage increase, if any, in the previous fiscal year to the San Francisco -Oakland -San Jose Price Index for All Urban Consumers ("CPI"), not to exceed 3% annually. In no event shall such adjustment cause the foregoing tax rates to be adjusted downward. 3.36.040 — Term. The Special Library Services Parcel Tax imposed by this Chapter shall be levied annually for nine (9) years commencing in fiscal year 2017-2018. 3.36.050 -- Proceeds of Tax; Accountability Measures. All proceeds of the Special Library Services Parcel Tax imposed and levied pursuant to this Chapter shall be deposited into a separate "Special Library Services Parcel Tax" account to be used exclusively locally for the Library for the purposes set forth in this Chapter. The City's Finance Director shall prepare an annual report pursuant to Government Code Section 50075.3. 3.36.060 — Persons Liable for Tax; Collection of Tax. The tax imposed by this Chapter is not an ad valorem tax on property. The tax imposed by this Chapter is due from every person who is the owner of a parcel within the City of San Rafael, as reflected upon the rolls of the County Assessor of Marin County, unless that person or parcel is otherwise exempted by this Chapter. The Marin County Tax Collector shall collect the tax in the same manner and subject to the same penalties as County property taxes are collected. The full amount due under this Chapter shall constitute a debt to the City. An action for the collection of any amount due may be commenced in the name of the City in any court having jurisdiction of the cause. 3.36.070 — Exclusions and Exemptions. A. Nothing in this chapter shall be construed as imposing a tax upon any person where imposition of such tax upon that person would be in violation of either the United States Constitution or the California State Constitution or other applicable law. B. The tax imposed by this chapter shall not be levied in any tax year upon any federal, state or local governmental entity. C. Any owner of a single family residential parcel, as defined herein, used solely for owner -occupied single-family residential purposes who has attained, or will have attained, the age of 65 years or older prior to July 1 of the tax year, may obtain an exemption from the Special Library Services Parcel Tax for that parcel upon approval of an application of such owner submitted to the Library Director or his or her designee. Any one application from a qualified applicant will provide an exemption for the parcel for the remaining term of the tax so long as such applicant continues to own and use the parcel as his or her principal residence. 3.36.080 -- Independent Resident Oversight. Within 60 days after the effective date of this Chapter, the City Council shall establish a Special Library Parcel Tax Committee to review the collection and expenditure of tax revenues collected under the authority of this Chapter. The Committee shall consist of at least five members, who shall be residents of the City. The terms of the Committee members and their specific duties shall be established by resolution of the City Council. DIVISION 3: If any section, subsection, sentence, clause or phrase of this Ordinance is for any reason held to be invalid, such decision shall not affect the validity of the remaining portions of this Ordinance. The Council hereby declares that it would have adopted the Ordinance and each section, subsection, sentence, clause or phrase thereof, irrespective of the fact that any one or more sections, subsections, sentences, clauses or phrases be declared invalid. DIVISION 4: This ordinance levying the tax described herein shall be effective ten days after the date on which the City Council has declared its approval by at least two-thirds of the City's electors voting at the special municipal election to be held on Tuesday, June 7, 2016; and the Special Library Services Parcel Tax so established shall be levied annually for nine (9) years, beginning in fiscal year 2017-2018 and shall thereafter expire unless extended with the approval of two- thirds of the electors voting upon the extension at a general or special municipal election. DECLARED APPROVED BY THE CITY COUNCIL ON JULY 18, 2016 O. PW11LIPS COUNTY OF MARIN *'••/ Lynda Roberts REGISTRAR OF VOTERS Melvin Briones ASSISTANT REGISTRAR OF VOTERS July 5, 2016 E.LE_C_T I.10..N.5,..D,F,FA.RTM.E.N.T................. --- .... ....... Providing a responsive, nonsparent, and professional approach to conducting a ections. City of San Rafael PO Box 151560 PO Box E San Rafael, CA 94915-1560 San Rafael, CA 94913 Enclosed are the Certificate of Canvass of Vote and your Marin County Civic Center copy of the Statement of Votes Cast for Measure D in the 3501 Civic Center Drive Suite 121 June 7, 2016 Presidential Primary Election. San Rafael, CA 94903 Thank you, 415 473 6456 T 415 473 6447 F 415 473 6899 TTY DAN MILLER www.marinvotes.org Candidate & Filing Services elections@marincounty.org Encl. CERTIFICATE OF CANVASS OF VOTE I, LYNDA ROBERTS, Registrar of Voters, County of Marin, State of California, do hereby certify that on July 5, 2016, 1 canvassed the vote cast at the Presidential Primary Election held on June 7, 2016, and the results of said canvass are detailed in the accompanying reports: Statement of Votes Cast Official Final Results IN WITNESS WHEREOF, I have set my hand and affixed my official seal on the 5th day of July, 2016. L ND ROBE TS Registrar of Voters Jurisdiction Wide 0109019 Polling VBM Total 0109029 Polling VBM Total 0109039 Polling VBM Total 0109049 Polling VBM Total 0109050 Polling VBM Total 0109059 Polling VBM Total 0109060 Polling VBM Total 0109069 Polling VBM Total 0109079 Polling VBM Total 0109080 Polling VBM Total 0109089 Polling VBM Total 0109099 Polling VBM Total 0109100 Polling VBM Total 0109109 Polling VBM Total 0109119 Polling VBNI Marin County Registrar of Voters Presidential Primary Election - June 7, 2016 Statement of Votes Cast Official Final Measure D - City Of San Rafael TURN OUT Reg. Voters I Cards Cast 827 827 827 1413 1413 1413 1186 1186 1186 656 656 656 767 767 767 1410 1410 1410 764 764 764 1300 1300 1300 830 830 830 1038 1038 1038 771 771 771 781 781 781 718 718 718 774 774 774 581 581 Turnout 185 2237% 418 5054% 603 72.91'% 245 1734% 759 53.72% 1004 71.05% 214 18.04% 571 48.15% 785 66.19% 154 23.48% 275 41.92% 429 65.40% 163 2125% 387 50.46% 550 71.71% 216 15.32% 637 45.18% 853 60.50% 147 1924% 382 50.00% 529 69.24% 298 22.92% 621 47.77% 919 70.69% 180 21.69% 404 48.67% 584 70.36% 172 16.57% 545 52.50% 717 69.08% 93 12.06% 400 51.88% 493 63.94% 186 23.82% 361 46.22% 547 70.04% 192 2674% 323 44.99% 515 71.,73% 133 17 18% 362 46.77% 495 63.95% 137 23.58% 231 39.76% Date:07/05/ 16 Time:09:53:02 Page: l of 6 Marin County Registrar of Voters Date:07/05116 Titne:09:53:02 Presidential Primary Election - June 7, 2016 Page:2 of Statement of Votes Cast Official Final Measure D - City Of San Rafael TURN OUT Reg. Voters Cards Cast % Turnout Total 581 368 63.34% 0109129 Polling 1345 225 16.73% VDM 1345 737 54.80% Total 1345 962 71.52% 0109130 Polling 596 83 13.93% VDM 596 349 58.569/0 Total 596 432 72.48% 0109139 Polling 850 210 24.71% VDM 850 324 38.12% Total 850 534 62.821/6 0109149 Polling 823 163 19.81 VDM 823 290 35.24% Total 823 453 55.04% 0109159 Polling 793 151 19.04% VDM 793 406 51.20% Total 793 557 70.24% 0109169 Polling 1409 278 19.73% VDM 1409 713 50.60% Total 1409 991 70.33% 0109179 Polling 646 156 24.15% VDM 646 283 43.81% Total 646 439 67.96% 0109290 Polling 775 152 19.61% VDM 775 433 55.87% Total 775 585 75.48% 0109340 Polling 763 175 22.94% VDM 763 366 47.97% Total 763 541 70.90% 0109360 Polling 855 160 18.71% VDM 855 462 54.04% Total 855 622 72.75% 0109470 Polling 840 171 20.36% VDM 840 386 45.95% Total 840 557 66.31% 0209159 Polling 774 195 25.19% VDM 774 366 47.29% Total 774 561 7248% 0209169 Polling 768 180 23.44% VDM 768 355 46.22% Total 768 535 69.66% 0209179 Polling 766 181 23.63% VDM 766 344 4491% "Total 766 525 68 54% 0209189 Polling 779 183 23.49% VDM 779 347 44541% Marin County Registrar of Voters Date:07/05/16 Presidential Primary June Election - J 7, Page2016 Tim ge:3 of 6: of6 Statement of Votes Cast Official Final Measure D - City Of San Rafael TURN OUT Reg. Voters Cards Cast % Turnout 'Total 779 530 68.04% 0209199 Polling 725 140 19.31% Vt3M 725 371 51.17% Total 725 511 7048% 0409129 Palling 1202 209 17.39% V13M 1202 533 44.34% Total 1202 742 61.73% 0409460 Polling 684 141 20.61% Vt3M 684 208 30.41% Total 684 349 51.02% 0610901 Polling 3 0 0.00°/ VDM 3 3 100.00% Total 3 3 100.00% 0620903 Polling 56 0 0.00°/ VBM 56 35 6250% Total 56 35 62.50% Total Polling 29268 5868 20.05% V13M 29268 13987 47.79% Total 29268 19855 67 8490 Jurisdiction Wide 0109019 Polling VDM Total 0109029 Polling VDM Total 0109039 Polling VDM Total 0109049 Polling VDM Total 0109050 Polling VDM Total 0109059 Polling VDM Total 0109060 Polling VDM Total 0109069 Polling VDM Total 0109079 Polling VDM Total 0109080 Polling VDM Total 0109089 Polling VDM Total 0109099 Polling VDM Total 0109100 Polling VDM Total 0109109 Polling VDM Total 0109119 Polling VDM Marin County Registrar of Voters Presidential Primary Election - June 7, 2016 Statement of Votes Cast Official Final Measure D - City Of San Rafael Measure D - City OI'San Rafael (2/3 Needed) Reg. Voters I Times Counted I Total Votes I YES 827 185 174 133 76.44% 827 418 389 264 67.87% 827 603 563 397 70.52% 1413 245 227 173 76.21% 1413 759 715 466 65.17% 1413 1004 - 942 639 67.83% 1186 214 196 147 75.00% 1186 571 542 360 66.42% 1186 785 738 507 68.70% 656 154 145 101 69.66% 656 275 261 171 65.52% 656 429 406 272 67.00% 767 163 155 115 74.19% 767 387 369 252 68.29% 767 550 524 367 70.04% 1410 216 205 155 75.61% 1410 637 596 396 66.44% 1410 853 801 551 68.79% 764 147 139 94 67.63% 764 382 360 236 65.56% 764 529 499 330 66.13% 1300 298 274 206 75.18% 1300 621 593 412 69.48% 1300 919 867 618 71.28% 830 180 169 128 75.74% 830 404 379 277 73.09% 830 584 548 405 73.91% 1038 172 157 104 66.24% 1038 545 506 313 61.86% 1038 717 663 417 62.90% 771 93 85 63 74.12% 771 400 361 249 68.98% 771 493 446 312 6996% 781 186 169 144 85.21% 781 361 3,11 272 79.77% 781 547 510 416 81.57% 718 192 177 133 75.14% 718 323 305 189 61.97% 718 515 482 322 66.80% 774 133 125 105 84.00% 774 362 343 238 69.39% 774 495 468 343 73.29% 581 137 125 83 66.40% 581 231 216 133 61.57% NO 41 23.56% 125 32.13% 166 29.48% 54 23.79% 249 34.83% 303 32.17% 49 25.00% 182 33.58°/, 231 31.30% 44 30.34% 90 34.48% 134 33.00% 40 25.81% 117 31.71% 157 29.96% 50 24.39% 200 33.56% 250 31.21% 45 32.37'So 124 34.44% 169 33.87% 68 24.82% 181 30.52% 249 28.72% 41 24.26% 102 26.91% 143 26.09% 53 33.76% 193 38.14% 246 37.10% 22 25.88% 112 31.02% 134 30.04'% 25 14.79% 69 20.23% 94 18.43°/, 44 24.86°/ 116 38.03% 160 33.20% 20 16.00° 105 30.61% 125 26.71°/ 42 33.60%, 83 38.43°/ Date:07/05/16 Time:09:53:02 Page:4 of 6 Marin County Registrar of Voters Date:07/05/16 Presidential Primas Election - June 7 2016 r.„ age:s:o2 Y � Page:s of 6 Statement of Votes Cast Official Final Measure D - City Of San Rafael Measure D - City Ol'San Rafael (2/3 Needed) Reg Voters Tories Counted Total Votes YES NO Total 581 368 341 216 63.34% 125 36.661X 0109129 Polling 1345 225 212 130 61.32% 82 38.68% VDM 1345 737 700 409 58,43% 291 41,57% Total 1345 962 912 539 59.10% 373 40.900 0109130 Polling 596 83 76 55 72.37% 21 27.63% VDM 596 349 326 220 67.481Y° 106 32.52'%. Total 596 432 402 275 68 41 % 127 31.59% 0109139 Polling 850 210 193 152 78.76% 41 21.24% VDM 850 324 302 226 74.83% 76 25.17% Total 850 534 495 378 76.36% 117 23.64°/ 0109149 Polling 823 163 152 113 74.34% 39 25.66°/ VDM 823 290 274 215 78.47% 59 21.53% Total 823 453 426 328 77.00% 98 23.00% 0109159 Polling 793 151 142 104 7324% 38 26.76 VDM 793 406 392 274 69.90% 118 30.10°/ "Total 793 557 534 378 7079% 156 29.21°/ 0109169 Polling 1409 278 257 166 64.59% 91 35.41°/ VDM 1409 713 694 405 58.36% 289 41.64% Total 1409 991 951 571 60.04% 380 39.96°/ 0109179 Polling 646 156 148 109 73.65% 39 26.35% VDM 646 283 266 168 63.16% 98 36.84% Total 646 439 414 277 66.91% 137 33.09% 0109290 Polling 775 152 138 97 70.29% 41 29.71% VDM 775 433 418 273 65.31% 145 34.69'% Total 775 585 556 370 66.55% 186 33.450/( 0109340 Polling 763 175 172 III 64.53% 61 35.47% VDM 763 366 343 219 63.85% 124 36.15 Total 763 541 515 330 64.08% 185 35.921/. 0109360 Polling 855 160 146 102 6986% 44 30.14% VDM 855 462 440 227 51.59% 213 48.41% Total 855 622 586 329 56.14% 257 43.86% 0109470 Polling 840 171 159 129 81.13% 30 18.87% VDM 840 386 364 288 79.12% 76 20.88% Total 840 557 523 417 79.73% 106 20.27% 0209159 Polling 774 195 178 143 80.34% 35 19.66% VDM 774 366 345 245 71.01% 100 28.99°/6 Total 774 561 523 388 74.19% 135 25.81% 0209169 Polling 768 180 160 129 80.63% 31 19.38% VDM 768 355 332 251 75.60°/ 81 24.40'% Total 768 535 492 380 77.24% 112 22.761/ 0209179 Polling 766 181 151 128 84.77% 23 15.23°� VDM 766 344 329 253 76.90% 76 23.10% Total 766 525 480 381 79.38% 99 20.630/. 0209189 Polling 779 183 161 122 75.78% 39 24.22% VDM 779 347 332 239 71.99% 93 28.01% Marin County Registrar of Voters Date:07105116 Time:09:53:02 Presidential Primary Election - June 7, 2016 Page:6 of 6 Statement of Votes Cast Official Final Measure D - City Of San Rafael Measure D - City Of San Rafael (213 Needed) Reg. Voters Times Counted 'Total Votes YES NO Total 779 530 493 361 73.23% 132 26.77% 0209199 Polling 725 140 133 93 69.92% 40 30.08% VDM 725 371 351 233 66.38% 118 33.62°/ Total 725 511 484 326 67.36% 158 32.64% 0409129 Polling 1202 209 183 135 73.77% 48 26 23/. VDM 1202 533 511 338 66.14% 173 33.86'% Total 1202 742 694 473 68.16% 221 3184% 0409460 Polling 684 141 126 99 78.57% 27 2143% VDM 684 208 198 144 72.73% 54 2727% Total 684 349 324 243 75.00% 81 25.00% 0610901 Polling 3 0 0 0 - 0 - VDM 3 3 3 2 66.67% 1 33.33% Total 3 3 3 2 66.67% 1 33.33°/ 0620903 Polling 56 0 0 0 - 0 - V13M 56 35 32 21 65.63% 11 34 38':S Total 56 35 32 21 65.63% 11 34.38% "Total Polling 29268 5868 5,109 4001 73.97% 1,108 26.03% V13M 29268 13987 13228 8878 67.12% 4350 32.88% Total 29268 19855 18637 12879 69.10% 5758 30.901%, Marin County Registrar of Voters Date:07/05116 Presidential PrimaryElection - June 7 2016 Time: � Page: I of 3 off Official Final Results Registered Voters 152039 - Cards Cast 103012 67.75% Num. Report Precinct 176 - Num. Reporting 176 100.00% President of the United States - American Al President of the United States - LIB Independent Total Libertarian Party Total Number of Precincts 176 Number of Precincts 176 Precincts Reporting 176 100.0 % Precincts Reporting 176 100.0 % Vote For 1 Vote For 1 Times Counted 1367/3071 44.5 % Times Counted 456/799 57.1 % Total Votes 692 Total Votes 384 ALAN SPEARS 31 62 8.96% GARY JOIINSON 51 212 55.21% WILEY DRAKE 31 46 6.65% JOHN MCAFEE 51 38 9.90%1 ARTHUR HARRIS 31 37 5.35% DARRYL W. PERRY 51 14 3.65% THOMAS HOEFLING 31 33 4.77% AUSTIN PETERSEN 51 14 3.65% J.R. MYERS 31 31 4.48% RHETT WHITE FEATHER 51 13 3.39% JAMES HEDGES 31 19 2.75% MARC FELDNIAN 51 9 2.34% ROBERT ORNELAS 31 15 2.17% JOY WAYMIRE 51 9 2.34% Write-in Votes 449 64._88% DERRICK M. REID 51 7 1.82% JACK ROBINSON, JR. 51 7 1.82% President of the United States - DEM JOHN HALE 51 7 1.82% Democratic Party TotalSTEVE KERBEL 51 3 0.78% Number of Precincts 176 CECIL INCE 51 0 0.00% Precincts Reporting 176 100.0 % _ Write-in Votes _ 51 13.28% Vote For I Times Counted 77785/85672 90.8 % President of the United States - Peace PF Total Votes 76963 and Freedom Party Total HILLARY CLINTON 11 43283 56.24% Number of Precincts 176 BERNIE SANDERS 11 33214 43.16% Precincts Reporting 176 100.0 % MICHAEL STEINBERG 11 79 0.10% Vote For I WILLIE WILSON 11 67 0.09% Times Counted 68/239 38.5 % KEITH JUDD 11 47 0.06% Total Votes 48 HENRY HEWES 11 38 0.05% GLORIA E. LA RIVE\ 61 15 31.25% ROQUE DE LA FUENTE 11 29 0.04% LYNN S. KAHN 61 6 13.50% Write-in Votes 206 0.27% MONICA MOOREHEAD 61 5 10.42% - Write-in Votes 22 45.83% President of the United States - Green GRN t Party Total President of the United States - REP Number of Precincts 176 Republican Party Total Precincts Reporting 176 100.0 % Number of Precincts 176 Vote For 1 Precincts Reporting 176 100.0 % Times Counted 557/1306 42.6 % Vote For I Total Votes 402 Times Counted 17224126469 65.1 % JILL STEIN 41 230 57.21% Total Votes 15824 DARRYL CHERNEY 41 28 6.97% DONALD TRUMP 21 9882 62.45% MOYOWASIFSA-CURRY 41 23 5.72% JOHN R. KASICH 21 3752 23.71% WILLIAM KREML 41 8 1.99% TED CRUZ 21 923 5.83% KENT MESPLAY 41 4 1.00% BEN CARSON 21 431 2.72% Write-in Votes 109 27.11% JINI GILMORE 21 163 1.03% - Write-in Votes 673 4.25% Marin County Registrar of Voters Date:07/05/16 Time: Primary Presidential Primas on - June Election J 7, M16 e:51:40 Page:2 of 3 Official Final Results Registered Voters 152039 - Cards Cast 103012 67.75% Num. Report Precinct 176 - Num. Reporting 176 100.00% Member, County Central Committee - DEM United States Representative, 2nd District 1, Democratic Total District Total Number of Precincts 38 Number of Precincts 176 Precincts Reporting 38 100.0 % Precincts Reporting 176 100.0 % Vote For 5 Vote For 1 Times Counted 13689/17763 77.1 % Times Counted 103012/152039 67.8 % 1,01,11 Votes 27834 Total Votes 93028 GREG BROCKBANK 11 5814 20.89% JARED W. HUFFMAN DEM 69623 74.84% PAUL M. COIIEN 11 5645 20.28% DALE K. MENSING REP 10835 11.65%, RUTH CARTER 11 4840 17.39% ERIN A. SCHRODE DEM 7188 7.73% LARRY A. PAUL 11 4491 16.13% MATTHEW R. WOOKEY NPP 5262 5.66% RICHARD FOLDENAUER 11 4025 14.46% Write-in Votes 120 0.13% EDWARD F. VOROUS 11 2955 10.62% Write-in Votes 64 0.23% Member State Assembly, 10th District Total United States Senator Number of Precincts 176 Total Precincts Reporting 176 100.0 % Number of Precincts 176 Vote For 1 Precincts Reporting 176 100.0 % Times Counted 103012/152039 67.8 % Vote For 1 Total Votes 897.95 "times Counted 103012/152039 67.8 °/0 MARC LEVINE DEM 62318 69.40% Total Votes 93497 GREGORY ALLEN REP 14092 15.69% KAiNIALA 1). HARRIS DENT 57813 61.83% VERONICA JACOBI DEM 13247 14.75% LORETTA L. SANCI IEZ DEM 15018 16.06% Write-in Votes 138 0.15% DUI' SUNDHI:IM REP 3600 3.85% PI I11, WYMAN REP 3599 3.85% Judge of the Superior Court, Office 2 TI IOMAS DEL BECCARO REP 2543 2.72% Total GREG CONLON REP 2391 2.56% Number of Precincts 176 RON UNZ REP 951 1.02% Precincts Reporting 176 100.0 % STEVE STOKES DEM 901 0.96% Vote For 1 MASSIE MUNROE DEM 787 0.84% Times Counted 103012/152039 67.8 % PAMELA ELIZ.ONDO GRN 770 0.82% Total Votes 78006 GAIL K. LIGHTFOOT LIB 619 0.66% SHEILA LICIITBLAU 16674 21.38% JARRELL WILLIAMSON REP 516 0.55% MICIIAEL COFFINO 16028 20.55% GEORGE C. YANG REP 408 0.44% NICOLE PANTALEO 12962 16.62% MARK MATTHEW I IERD LIB 405 0.43% THOMAS McCALLISTER 12387 15.88% VON I IOUGO REP 351 0.38% BETH S. JORDAN 5273 6.76% KAREN ROSEBBRRY REP 330 0.35% NANCY P. McCARTHY 5069 6.50% DON KRAMPE REP 302 0.32% OTIS BRUCE 4948 6.34% CLIVI; GREY NPP 252 0.27% DAVID SHANE 2542 3.26% .JASON I IANANIA NPP 229 0.24% RENEE M. MARCELLE 1923 2.47% fOM PALZER REP 202 0.22% Write-in Votes 200 0.26% ELEANOR GARCIA NPP 196 0.21% - - MIKE BEITIKS NPP 182 0.19'% LING LING SHI NPP 161 0.17% County Supervisor, District 2 PAUL MERRITT NPP 153 0.16% Total .JASON KRAUS NPP 118 0.13% Number of Precincts 43 PRESIDLNf C. GRAPPO DEM 103 0.11% Precincts Reporting 43 100.0 °/0 JOl IN T. PARKER PF 98 0.10% Vote For I EMORY RODGERS DEM 76 0.08% Times Counted 23705133998 69.7 % TIM GILDERSLEEVE NPP 58 0.06% Total Votes 20604 DON J. GRUNDMANN NPP 56 0.06% KATIE RICE 11071 53.73% 11ERBERT G. PETERS DEMI 56 0.06% FRANK EGGER 4953 24.04% GAR 1VIYERS NPP 37 0.04% KEVIN HAROFF 4534 22.01% .TERRY J. LAWS REP 36 0.04% _ Write-in Votes 46 0.22% SCOTT A. VINEBERG NPP 29 0.03% Write-in Votes 151 0.16% Marin County Registrar of Voters Date:07105116 Presidential Primary June Election - J 7 2016 Time: e:51:40 � Page:3 of 3 Official Final Results Registered Voters 152039 - Cards Cast 103012 67.75% Num. Report Precinct 176 - Num. Reporting 176 100.00% County Supervisor, District 3 California - Prop 50 Total Total Number of Precincts 32 Number of Precincts 176 Precincts Reporting 32 100.0 % Precincts Reporting 176 100.0 % Vote For I Vote For I Times Counted 22418/33521 66.9 % Times Counted 103012/152039 67.8 % Total Votes 19129 Total Votes 88659 KATE SEARS 11068 57.86% YES 73360 82.74% SUSAN KIRSCH 8018 41.92% NO 15299 17.26% _ Write-in Votes 43 0.22% Measure AA - San Francisco Bay County Supervisor, District 4 Restoration Authority (213 of ATI) "total Total Number of Precincts 176 Number of Precincts 34 Precincts Reporting 176 100.0 'Io Precincts Reporting 34 100.0 % Vote For 1 Vote For I Times Counted 103012:'152039 67.8 % Times Counted 16642/24207 68.7 % Total Votes 97768 Total Votes 13882 YES 71863 73.50% DENNIS RODONI 4001 28.82% NO 25906 26.50% DOMINIC GROSSI 3787 27.28% - WENDI KALLINS 2471 17.80% Bond Measure B - Tvlarin Conununity AL DUGAN 1272 9.16% College District (55% Needed) 'Total ALEX EASTON-BROWN 738 5.32% Number of Precincts 175 TOMAS P. KASELIONIS 630 4.54% Precincts Reporting 175 100.0 9/0 BRIAN STALEY 511 3.68% Vote For I NIARI TAMBURO 443 3.19% Times Counted 102849/151826 67.7 % Write-in Votes 29 0.21% Total Votes 95264 BONDS YES 61006 64.04% City of Belvedere - Member, City BONDS NO 34258 35.96% Council Total Number of Precincts I Measure C - City Of Belvedere (Majority Precincts Reporting 1 100.0 % Needed) 'total Vote For 3 Number of Precincts I Times Counted 959/1440 66.6 % Precincts Reporting 1 100.0 % Total Votes 1893 Vote For I BOB NIcCASKILL 642 33.91% Times Counted 959/1440 66.6 % CLAIRE McAULIFFE 640 33.81% Total Votes 880 NANCY KEMNITZER 597 31.54% YES 680 77.27% Write-in Votes 14 0.74% NO 200 22.73% Ross Valley Sanitary District No. 1, Measure D - City Of San Rafael (2/3 Director Total Needed) Total Number of Precincts 40 Number of Precincts 35 Precincts Reporting 40 100.0 % Precincts Reporting 35 100.0 % Vote For 2 Vote For I Times Counted 21066/30289 69.6 % Times Counted 19855/29268 67.8 % Total Votes 220128 Total Votes 18637 MARY SVLLA 10580 52.56% YES 12879 69.10% DOUG KELLY 6810 33.83% NO 5758 30.90% SCOTT PINSKY 2660 13.22% - Write-in Votes 78 0.39% ROUTING SLIP / APPROVAL FORM INSTRUCTIONS: Use this cover sheet with each submittal of a staff report before approval by the City Council. Save staff report (including this cover sheet) along with all related attachments in the Team Drive (T:) --> CITY COUNCIL AGENDA ITEMS 4 AGENDA ITEM APPROVAL PROCESS 4 [DEPT - AGENDA TOPIC] Agenda Item # Date of Meeting: 7/18/2016 From: Esther Beirne Department: City Clerk's Office Date: 7/7/2016 Topic: Special Library Services Parcel Tax - Measure D Subject: 1) RESOLUTION DECLARING CANVASS OF RETURNS AND RESULTS OF CONSOLIDATED SPECIAL MUNICIPAL ELECTION HELD ON JUNE 7, 2016, RE: MEASURE D — SPECIAL LIBRARY SERVICES PARCEL TAX; 2) ORDINANCE NO. 1942 - AN ORDINANCE OF THE CITY COUNCIL OF THE CITY OF SAN RAFAEL AMENDING CHAPTER 3.36 OF THE SAN RAFAEL MUNICIPAL CODE EXTENDING, REVISING AND INCREASING THE EXISTING SPECIAL LIBRARY SERVICES PARCEL TAX SUBJECT TO APPROVAL OF TWO-THIRDS OF THE ELECTORS VOTING ON THE TAX MEASURE AT THE GENERAL MUNICIPAL ELECTION HELD ON TUESDAY JUNE 7, 2016 Type: ® Resolution ® Ordinance ❑ Professional Services Agreement ❑ Other: APPROVALS ® Finance Director Remarks: approved - no fiscal impact ® City Attorney Remarks: LG -Approved 7/8/16. ® Author, review and accept City Attorney / Finance changes Remarks: M City Manager Remarks: FOR CITY CLERK ONLY File No.: Council Meeting: Disposition: